Tuesday, November 20, 2007

An Introduction

Somehow, between changing dirty diapers and locating missing math homework, I've managed to find some time to create a blog. Anyone out there who has "more than the average" number of children, can understand what an awesome accomplishment this can be. It ranks right up there with successfully finding the car keys after a heated twenty minute search, just to realize that they were in my hand all along.

When people find out that I have four children, one of the first things they usually ask is, "how do you do it?!" I usually just calmly respond, "well, first, the male sperm cell begins a perilous journey up the fallopian tubes in hot pursuit of the female egg...." But, seriously, it takes a lot of patience, a good sense of humor, and a doctor who's not afraid to prescribe a hefty dose of Valium.

I love my kids, though. They truly enrich my life. They have all inherited my stinging sarcasm and wit. Unfortunately, they have also acquired my lack of self-control, my unfailing tendency to procrastinate, and my total lack of organizational skills. But, they are really great despite their few flaws. I wouldn't change a thing.

I recently celebrated my thirty-fourth birthday. Yay. (note the sarcasm.) Birthdays are just a measure of how much closer I am to single-handedly funding the college education of countless pharmaceutical company stockholder's offspring. One day closer to menopause and Boniva. One week closer to liver spots and Botox. Just seconds away from a Metamucil cocktail and a successfully cleansed colon. I can almost feel myself slipping into a Geritol coma. Ah, yes...birthdays are indeed a reason to celebrate!

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this small introduction... a mere peek into the frazzled mind of "the irritable intellect". I hope you'll visit again. Until then... eat your vegetables. ;)

No comments: